Instant Pot Coffee Creamer is a rich, nutty, delicious homemade coffee cream with only 2 ingredients and 5 minutes of hands on time. You’ll fall in love with this recipe!
Ever been down an internet rabbit hole?
Yep. Me too.
I was searching up something to do with browned butter as part of Bulletproof Coffee, and I came across this:
IDEAS IN FOOD – caramelized cream
Aki and Alex over here are living in 2119 while we’re all stuck in 2019.
I mean. BROWNED CREAM!! WHAT!?
If you’ve ever had brown butter, you understand why this is a huge deal. If not, I’mma take you to school today!
What is brown butter?
Beurre Noisette, that’s the French name for brown butter, literally translates to hazelnut butter. This name is apt, because the process of cooking unsalted butter over low heat until the milk solids brown and any water present evaporates makes the butter take on a scent and colour reminiscent of hazelnuts.
Why? It’s simple – keeping all the good qualities of butter, but adding a slightly sweeter, nutty, toasty flavour adds depth of flavour and richness to our recipes.
What does brown butter have to do with cream?
With this recipe for Instant Pot Coffee Creamer, A LOT! The same reactions that happen in butter to create the hazelnutty deliciousness also happen in cream.
Is brown cream life changing?
YES! If you’re adventurous in the kitchen, you’ll wanna try this just on principle.
Like store bought creamer, but hate the ingredient list? You might like this!
If you like to indulge in yummy things, you’ll try this.
Instant Pot Coffee Creamer Tips & Tricks
I tested this recipe with both heavy whipping cream and also 18% table cream. I much preferred the 18% cream. (The caveat to that is that I always use 18% cream in my coffee. I find it’s got the best mouthfeel and consistency).
ADD a little maple syrup and vanilla bean if you’re feeling extra adventurous – the flavours really pair well together.
STRAIN it. I had to strain the HWC, but I simply skimmed the top off of the 18%.
LEAVE enough headroom. Just like in canning, you want to leave enough headspace in the jar to prevent broken jars.
DON’T over-tighten the lid – I threaded the lid on just enough that the ring was secure, and the lid could float up and down to allow steam to escape! This will also prevent broken jars!
USE canning jars with lids and rings! DO not attempt this without proper jars!
PLEASE leave me a comment if you’ve made this awesome Instant Pot Coffee Creamer and let me know what you think!
Like making unique things in your Instant Pot? Try these!
Are we friends on Pinterest?
Instant Pot Coffee Creamer is a rich, nutty, delicious homemade coffee cream with only 2 ingredients and 5 minutes of hands on time. You'll fall in love with this recipe!
- 1 cup 18% table cream
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 vanilla bean (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add 1 cup of water to the liner of your Instant Pot, and add trivet.
- Pour cream into a pint (500ml) mason jar.
- Slice the vanilla bean in half, and scrape the seeds out. Add both seeds and bean itself to the cream.
- Add baking soda and maple syrup to jar. Stir well.
- Place lid on jar. Don't over tighten the jar - the lid needs to be able to move up and down to release steam*
- Place on trivet.
- Seal the Instant Pot, and set to high pressure for 90 minutes, natural release.
- Allow the Instant Pot to vent completely before opening.
- Carefully remove the jar - use a jar grabber if you've got one, and allow cream to cool completely before storing in the fridge or using in coffee!
Use canning jars with lids and rings!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer
- Breville The Fast Slow Pro Cooker
- Wide Mouth Jars with Lids and Bands
- 6 Extra Long Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans in 8oz Glass Bottle
- Pure Organic Ingredients - Aluminum Free Baking Soda
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 22mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 1g