This Next Level Mashed Potatoes recipe is simply the best! They are made with red skin potatoes, rosemary, white cheddar, sour cream and the result is creamy twice baked goodness.
I’m gonna start this post with the disclaimer that mashed potatoes rule. Show me someone who says they don’t like them, and I’ll bet you their nose grows!
BUT let me tell you about the taste.
These twice baked potatoes are:
– next level (you had to see that one coming!)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
LEAVE the skins on. Just do it. It’s less work, since you don’t have to peel, and they are just yummy.
BAKE them. You’ll be tempted to stop after the mashing, but the second baking introduces what Kevin calls crispy bits of goodness into this recipe.
USE full fat sour cream. The best part of mashed potatoes is the rich, creaminess. Using full fat dairy makes them ultra creamy.
SUB dill for rosemary if you aren’t a rosemary fan.
IT’S hard to nail down exactly how much milk you’ll need because there are some variables, so I used the range that works for me. Don’t be afraid to add less or more than the recipe shows. The milk just adds to the creaminess.
THERE is no butter in the main recipe, but you should DEFINITELY add it to the top of your potatoes. Potatoes and butter is just right.
Let’s connect: Follow me on Pinterest <3
- 4 red potatoes - unpeeled
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 - 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350f
- Wash and coarsely chop the potatoes, and place into a large bowl with the rosemary. Pour the olive oil on top of the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a heavy rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the potatoes for 35-40 mins, or until they are easily pierced with a fork. Turn the potatoes at least once.
- Remove potatoes from oven and transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Mash the potatoes well. Add the onions, cheddar, sour cream and 1/2 cup of milk. You may need to add more milk to get to the creamy consistency desired, it just depends on how large your potatoes were and how dry they got in the oven.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot. Enjoy the carbalicious deliciousness!
- Non-Stick Mega Large Cookie Pan / Baking Sheet
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Sky Organics 1
- Ayesha Curry Home Collection Stoneware Square Baker, 8-Inch x 8-Inch, Cream
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 290 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 154mg Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 8g