Check out this awesome strawberry flavored popcorn recipe. It’s got a step by step guide on how to use Jello to make candied red popcorn.
After homework, after dinner, after all the hectic hubbub in the evening, we all gather round and watch some of a movie together. It’s a family routine.
It’s secretly become my favourite part of the day; when my kids are in their PJs, and I’ve got my snack eating pants on, and we’re all together, under blankets giggling away.
One wrong move and Zen’s got his fingers in your pits hollering “I am the tickle NINJA!” Look away for one split second, and Aedyn has raided your snack bowl. It’s perfection.
This recipe is dedicated to movie nights.
Strawberry Flavoured Popcorn Tips & Tricks
NO. 1 -> Use regular Jello! I have not tested this recipe with sugar-free Jello, so I can’t vouch for the effectiveness.
NO.2 -> Don’t overcook the sauce! It should be brought to a simmer and then stopped there.
Jello flavoured popcorn ingredients
- Jello, any flavour.
- popcorn kernels
- corn syrup
How to make jello flavoured popcorn:
- Air pop the popcorn
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a saucepan, heat over medium heat until completely dissolved.
- Drizzle the sauce over the popcorn, and toss.
- Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 mins.
This recipe really relies on an air popper. They are inexpensive, easy to use and give 100X better than any microwave popcorn out there!
You can get an air popcorn popper just like mine on Amazon.
Love popcorn? Try these recipes!
- 3 Ingredient Popcorn Balls
- Healthier Caramel Popcorn
Are we friends on Pinterest?
Check out this easy strawberry flavored popcorn recipe. It's got a step by step guide on how to use Jello to make the best flavored popcorn for movie nights.
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 small box flavoured Jello
- Preheat oven to 300f, and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Air pop the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan, and bring to a simmer, whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the flavour mix over the popcorn, trying to spread it as much as possible.
- Quickly toss the popcorn to coat.
- Spread the popcorn on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 300f for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly before transferring to a bowl.
- Enjoy your movie!
I have not tested this recipe with sugar-free jello and sugar alternatives. I cannot provide results for these substitutions.
Use any Jello flavour you like!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g