Try this fun buffalo chicken bites recipe today! It's the perfect snack for Super Bowl, or game day. Let's get real, it's the perfect buffalo chicken appetizer for any day!
With weather like this, it's no wonder we're craving foods doused in hot sauce!
No really, we need all the warmth we can get.
I woke up this morning to a thermometer saying -41c. And the weather app says "Feels like - 51c". If I didn't have a day job, I'd have turned myself into a cocoon made up of blankets and snacks and hung out on the couch with my dog.
This recipe is dedicated to hot food and warmer days.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips + tricks
No. 1 -> Use canned chicken. That's heckin' easy and makes this recipe come together in a snap. If you don't dig the canned chicken, definitely feel free to use precooked, shredded chicken.
No. 2 -> This recipe is written to use 1 package of crescent rolls, but you will have leftover filling if you use the same size scooper as I do. Feel free to add more filling to each crescent ball!
- shredded chicken
- shredded cheese
- cream cheese
- buffalo sauce
- green onions
- crescent rolls
How to make
- Preheat oven, and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open crescent rolls, and split them apart.
- Combine the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Scoop the filling onto the crescent rolls.
- Roll the dough into balls.
You can do some of the legwork on these buffalo chicken crescent bites ahead of time, but not all. If you're planning on making ahead;
- The buffalo chicken filling can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- The crescent balls can be made up to a couple of hours before serving.
Save the eggwash and baking until just before serving - these little delights are best eaten fresh!
It's not make or break for this recipe, but having a kitchen scoop is so convenient.
I use my cookie scoop a LOT in my kitchen for reasons other than cookies! It's perfect for portioning in this recipe, excellent for portioning and shaping meatballs, cookies, mini muffins, truffles etc.
Looking for other great appetizers to go with your buffalo chicken balls?
LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Use the stars in the recipe card below to rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
📖 Printable Recipe
Check out this easy buffalo chicken appetizer! These buffalo chicken bites are made with shredded chicken, cream cheese, and Pillsbury Crescent rolls for a delicious baked treat. Perfect for game day or any day!
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded chicken (or 1x 156g can)
- 1/2 shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375f and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Open crescent rolls package, and lay out on baking sheet. Use a butter knife or similar to trace over the score marks to cut the dough apart.
- Using a masher or a fork, combine the cream cheese, chicken, cheddar, buffalo sauce, and onion.
- Scoop some of the buffalo chicken mixture onto each of the crescent rolls, and fold in the corners. Rub the seam against both palms to close the ball.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, and using a pastry brush, brush each ball with egg.
- Bake at 375f for 20-25 minutes - until golden brown and puffy.
- Serve immediately with ranch, blue cheese, or other dip.
This recipe is slightly make ahead friendly. The filling can be made up to 3 days in advance, and the balls can be made up to a couple hours in advance. Egg wash and bake immediately before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
PaperChef Parchment Paper for Baking: Multipurpose Nonstick Parchment Roll, Oven Safe, No Grease or Butter Needed, Ideal for Cooking and Roasting, Biodegradable, Kosher-Certified (205 sq ft roll)
Solula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop
Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Half Sheet Baking and Cooling Rack, 16.5 x 11.75-Inches
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Mega Non-Stick Pan, 21 x 15-Inch Baking Pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g