I have a newfound love for nuts. These pecans are incredible. I know it’s almost impossible to not love candied nuts, but even Kevin who doesn’t eat 100% Paleo thought they were excellent!
I found a recipe on AllRecipes that was not so healthy. I healthified it and shrunk it down a bit - because 1lb of pecans is a LOT of pecans.
For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been whipping up a batch of these and storing them in the fridge. I grab a handful for a quick snack when I’m peckish, toss a handful onto salads, like my Beet and Goat Cheese Salad, or serve them with desserts. You need to try these. Trust me.
Hope you enjoy my candied pecans recipe as much as we do!
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp water
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200f. Prepare a baking sheet with silicone mat.
- Whisk the egg white and water in a bowl big enough to toss pecans in.
- Once the eggwhite is frothy, add the honey and stir well to combine.
- Add pecans and toss well to coat.
- Spread on baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 200f for 1 hour and toss every 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g