As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Save time and eat great! This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is perfect for weeknight cooking! Using the speed of pressure cooking and the convenience of pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, you can have a delicious meal on the table in 35 minutes!
Work. Make Supper. Sleep. Repeat.
Am I the only one who feels stuck in that cycle?
Especially in the winter months, when we wake up in the dark and come home in the dark - the groundhog effect is real!
One way to break out of the funk is to add meals to the rotation. This Weeknight Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is the perfect recipe for it. I'm using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken (or leftover turkey) to shave some major prep time off this bad boy!
This recipe is dedicated to eating bright, even in the dark.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Tips & Tricks
USE pre-cooked chicken. If you're a fan of meal prep, this recipe is perfect for you! I love to buy a rotisserie chicken at the beginning of the week for easy, cooked protein throughout the week.
KEEP (at least some of) the skin on your chicken. Don't give up that free flavour.
BROAD egg noodles are the bombdotcom and are hands down one of the best parts of homemade chicken noodle soup. Sometimes I get extra and pick up the extra broad ones just for the heck of it!
Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients:
- chicken stock
- broad egg noodles
Instant Pot - can't have a pressure cooker recipe without one! I used a 6QT Instant Pot for this recipe. Should you want to double it, you may need the 8QT.
A veggie cleaver - I used to use whatever knife I could get my hands on, but it turns out that the appropriate knife for the job really does make it faster and easier. I love my veggie cleaver!
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup FAST!
This recipe is 100% about time management. You can have a kickass homemade soup on the table in record-breaking time if you maximize your time spent!
- Coarsely chop the carrots, celery, and onions in that order. Add these to the Instant Pot as they are chopped. Saute - with some lard or oil - and cook down until the onions are starting to become translucent.
- While the veggies are cooking down, zip over to the spice cupboard with a small prep bowl, and gather your seasonings. Add them to the pot.
- Add broth and water to the pot - leave it on sautee for a couple of minutes to heat the liquid.
- Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start chopping your chicken. If you bought a rotisserie chicken, leave some of the skin on it - that's free flavour! Measure out your noodles now too!
- Once the pressure cycle is done, open the pot, add the chopped chicken and noodles. Cook on the Reduce setting until the noodles are cooked through.
Make-Ahead Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
Yes! Please do.
Soups are the bee's knees for freezer cooking.
With this one, you have 2 options:
- No Chicken No Noodles:
- Make the soup as directed, but stop once you've released the pressure. Do NOT add the chopped chicken or the egg noodles.
- Allow the soup to cool before transferring to freezer-safe containers and freezing for later use.
- When ready to serve: remove soup from the freezer and bring soup to a boil - add chicken and noodles at this point. Cook until the noodles are tender.
- Yes Chicken No Noodles:
- Make the soup as directed but stop once you've released pressure from the Instant Pot. Add the chopped chicken. Do NOT add the noodles.
- Allow the soup to freeze before transferring to freezer-safe containers and freeze for later use.
- When ready to serve: remove soup from the freezer and bring soup to a boil - add the noodles at this point, and boil until the noodles are tender.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You May Love!
What To Serve With Instapot Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Toast from homemade bread machine bread
- One Hour Dinner Rolls
- Salted Top crackers - seriously, don't even wast your time with unsalted saltines!
- Garlic bread
- Grilled cheese
- Skillet cornbread
LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Use the stars in the recipe card below to rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 2 tbsp lard or olive oil
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp savoury
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups broad egg noodles
- Heat Instant Pot on Saute mode with the lard or oil.
- Chop the carrots, celery, and onions - in that order, and place into the Instant Pot as they are chopped to saute.
- Saute the vegetables until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the seasonings and saute for a quick minute, stirring well to combine.
- Add the chicken stock and water to the pot. Heat the water for a couple of minutes on the sautee setting.
- Close the lid of your Instant Pot, seal it, and set to cook on high pressure for 7 minutes, and do a quick pressure release.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken and measure out the noodles!
- After the pressure is released, open the lid, and set the Instant Pot to Reduce.
- Add the chicken and the noodles, and cook on the Reduce setting for 5-7 mintues, or until the noodles are completely tender.
Make Ahead Directions:
This soup great for meal planning! If you'd like to make this soup ahead, you can either:
1. Make the broth and veggies and stop there. Transfer the soup to freezer-friendly containers and freeze until ready to use. When ready, heat on the stove until boiling, and add chopped chicken and the egg noodles and boil until the noodles are tender.
2. Make up the broth and veggies, add the cooked chicken after the pressure cycle, and allow the soup to cool before transferring to freezer-friendly containers to freeze for later use. When ready to serve, thaw the soup, bring to a boil, add the noodles and cook until the noodles are tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g