Spread the Christmas cheer (and the whiskey) with this incredibly simple Instant Pot Eggnog recipe. This easy eggnog recipe is perfect for spiked eggnog belly warmers on cold winter nights.
Hands up if you fist-pump in the grocery store every fall whenever the eggnog hits the shelves!
I actually don't. No lie, I like the idea of nog. I like the flavour of nog. I just hate the weirdly yellow tinge and strange smell of commercially made nog.
This year, I decided I was going to conquer the nog. Get in touch with my inner noggie. I whipped up a few different batches of nog, and this one is by far my favourite. It passed the Kevy test. My dad says it's great.
Survey says homemade nog is the best eggnog.
This recipe is dedicated to Christmas cheer.
Homemade Eggnog Ingredients:
- heavy cream
- bourbon (optional - but recommended!)
How to Make Eggnog:
- Prepare your double boiler and ice bath.
- Whisk the eggs well, then add sugar and spices. It's really important to whisk well after the spices and sugar have been added - this will reduce the clumping big time!
- Whisk in the heavy cream and milk.
- Place your bowl on top of the Instant Pot, and heat the eggnog mixture.
- Monitor the temperature with a candy thermometer.
- Once the eggnog has reached temperature, remove the bowl from the double boiler, and place the bowl in the ice bath.
- Once the eggnog has cooled a bit, whisk in the bourbon into it and transfer the eggnog to mason jars, or an airtight container.
- Place the eggnog in the fridge until chilled completely through.
- Use as regular eggnog!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
RAW EGGS?! Is It Safe?
Yes! This recipe IS safe for everyone to drink (minus the kids if you add bourbon).
According to Incredibleegg.org, egg products that are made of whole, uncooked eggs can be pasteurized by bringing them to 140f and keeping them at 140f for 3.5 minutes. Bringing foods to 160f will instantly kill almost any bacteria, and diluting eggs with liquid and sugar allows us to bring the egg mixture to 160f.
How To Make Spiked Eggnog Drinks
One of the best parts of Christmas holidays is spreading the Christmas cheer. By cheer I definitely mean alcohol.
Here's how I make my alcohol friendly eggnog drinks:
- Double old fashioned glass.
- Lots of ice.
- 1.5-2 oz whiskey (or rum) (or bourbon).
- Whipping cream.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
No biggie! Make the spiked eggnog recipe and skip the belly warmer. It's still delicious, and who doesn't love whipping cream on top of a drink?
Why Use The Instant Pot?
The operating temperature of the Instant Pot on saute normal is 160-172f - the perfect temp for eggnog!
Can I make Eggnog On The Stove?
Yes! Follow the same procedure with the double boiler - but you'll have to be conscious of the temperature of your burner and the temp of the eggnog! We want thik liquid, not scrambled eggs! haha
Like Instant Pot Drink Recipes?
If you've made too much nog and you need to use some up I highly suggest baking a loaf of Eggnog Bread!
If you love this post
Please give it a star rating in the card below and leave a comment. This helps me to create more content you enjoy!
📖 Printable Recipe
Instant Pot Egg Nog
Instant Pot Eggnog recipe. This eggnog recipe is suitable for stovetop and instant pot pressure cookers alike. Make your Christmas drinks shine bright with this amazing homemade eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups while milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- t sp nutmeg
- 3 oz bourbon
- Add 6 cups of water to the liner of your Instant Pot. Place an aluminum bowl overtop of your Instant Pot as a double boiler - ensuring the bowl extends above the liner of the pot. Remove bowl.
- Set up an ice bath to place your bowl into once the eggnog reaches temperature.
- Whisk eggs together, then add in the sugar and spices. Whisk these really well, this will prevent clumps!
- Whisk in the heavy cream and the milk.
- Place the bowl back on top of your Instant Pot, and turn on the Instant Pot to saute normal.
- Place a thermometer in the bowl of eggnog.
- Whisk the eggnog nearly constantly while it's in the double boiler stage. It will heat rapidly once the temperature starts to climb.
- Remove the bowl of eggnog from the Instant Pot and place it into the prepared ice bath once the temperature of the eggnog reaches 160f.
- Once the eggnog has chilled a bit, add the bourbon and give it a good whisk, and transfer the eggnog to mason jars or another airtight container to chill completely in the fridge.
- Once chilled, use as you would regular eggnog!
This homemade eggnog will keep in the fridge 3-4 days, and 7 days if you add alcohol.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 263mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 12g