Sriracha salt is everything you didn't know you needed. This spicy salty concoction is the perfect finisher for almost everything.
We're a sriracha house. There's always a bottle in the fridge and a bottle in the cupboard, just in case. God forbid we run out of sriracha!
We like things a little spicy around here 😉
This sriracha salt recipe is dedicated to keeping things spicy.
Tips + tricks
No. 1 --> Don't forget to take your cast iron skillet out of the oven before you preheat. And then definitely don't say "oh well, it's fine in there". You'll turn your salt a dark brown. Ask me how I know. Ha!
No. 2 --> Use your rolling pin to break up the chunks once the salt is done cooking. It's the fastest way! As an added bonus, it should fit right inside the baking sheet!
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 300f. (Take out your cast iron first!) And prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt and sriracha. Stir until they are completely combined and the color is consistently orange.
- Spread the sriracha salt over the parchment paper, aiming for a consistent layer, it's sticky so just do your best.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven, and turn off the heat. Leaving it on will cause your salt to burn, just like the time I forgot my skillet on the bottom shelf!
- Leave the sriracha salt in the oven for 2-3 hours. Stir it once or twice to break up any wet spots.
- Remove from the oven once completely dry.
- Roll over the salt with a rolling pin to break up the large chunks.
- Once completely cooled transfer to an airtight container for storage.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to use
This recipe is great for people with a culinary imagination! Here's a couple ways I think this sriracha salt is perfect:
- to rim a margarita glass - a little sweet, a little salt and a little spice. YUM!
- with tequila shots - I don't recommend tequila shots *shakes head* but if you like them....
- on eggs - fried, scrambled, omelette, hard boiled, this salt goes with them all.
- popcorn - don't mind if I do. Salt, sriracha, butter, and popcorn? SOLD!
- sprinkled on my loaded guacamole - it only makes a good thing better.
- as finishing salt on some decadent chocolate chip cookies - yup. amazing.
More adventurous recipes
If you love this post
Please give it a star rating in the card below and leave a comment. This helps me to create more content you enjoy!
📖 Printable Recipe
A spicy and salty finishing salt that's perfect for nearly everything. Sriracha salt is a 2 ingredient recipe, and is beyond easy to make.
- 1 cup coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- Preheat oven to 300f. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine the coarse salt and sriracha in a small mixing bowl. Stir until completely combined.
- Spread the sriracha salt mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and turn off the oven.
- Allow sriracha salt to sit in the oven for 60-90 minutes or until completely dry. Stir the salt once or twice during that time to break up clumps.
- Remove salt from the oven and allow to cool.
- Break up the chunks of salt, either by mashing in a mixing bowl or rolling over it with your rolling pin.
- Transfer the salt to an airtight jar.
Keep the salt in an airtight container and in a cool, dark cupboard. This will prolong the flavour intensity.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1159mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g