This easy cardamom cranberry bread machine recipe is simply incredible. It's got the unique flavour and scent of cardamom, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and the delicate crumb of fresh-baked bread. You need it in your life!
Look, I have a problem. And the first step is admitting you have a problem... it's the cardamom, man. I just can't help myself. I go through a ridiculous amount of cardamom. But it's oh so good.
And this bread?
Wow. this cardamom cranberry bread is next level.
I've posted recipes with cardamom before, like my oatmeal cookies with a twist.
Maybe my problem runs deeper than I thought. (insert grimace emoji!) I just love it okay?!!
This recipe is dedicated to cardamom's anonymous.
Tips + Tricks
No. 1 --> This craisin bread can be made completely in the bread maker, but the ones photographed for this post had the dough made in the bread maker and then baked in the oven.
No. 2 --> Please ensure your machine can handle a 2lb. loaf or you'll be left with a mess!
No. 3 --> Try it as toast! I've been baking this bread for my kids for quite some time now, and it's basically replaced cinnamon raisin bread in our house.
No. 4 --> There is a range of quantities of water - this is because everyone uses different flour. See the "Word on flour" section in my Best Bread Machine Recipe for more information.
No. 5 --> I throw everything in the bread machine all at one time, instead of adding the dried cranberries to the dispenser compartment - I find this gives a better dispersion of the fruit.
Cranberry bread machine recipe ingredients
- brown sugar
- bread flour
- ground cinnamon
- dried cranberries / craisins
- bread machine or instant yeast
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make
- Add all ingredients to the bread pan, in the order listed, even the cranberries.
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the top.
- Place pan in your bread machine and select bake.
- Once the bake cycle has completed, turn the loaf onto a tea towel and stand upright to cool before cutting in.
How to serve
This bread is fantastic plain with butter, as toast with peanut butter, and even with turkey sandwiches. It's so popular in this house, every time my kids see me prepping the bread maker they ask for the cranberry bread!
If you enjoy cinnamon bread, you'll definitely love this one. The marriage of cranberry cinnamon and cardamom is made in heaven.
Did you know?
Cardamom is a member of the ginger family! I didn't either! Cardamom is traditionally used in Middle Eastern and Indian kitchens but is gaining worldwide popularity. Behind vanilla and saffron, cardamom is one of the world's most expensive spices! It is believed that cardamom has mood-elevating properties, which might explain my love for it!
Love bread machine recipes?
Then you'll love these!
If you love this post
Please give it a star rating in the card below and leave a comment. This helps me to create more content you enjoy!
📖 Printable Recipe
Cranberry Cardamom Bread Recipe
This recipe will quickly become one of your favourite bread machine recipes. It's quick and easy, and totally delicious. The cinnamon and cardamom add a rich depth of flavour and the dried cranberries give a hint of sweetness.
- 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, or other oil
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp bread machine or instant yeast
Bake in bread machine:
- Add ingredients to bread maker as listed starting with the lesser amount of water - choose sweet bread cycle.
- Check back to see if you need additional water during the knead cycle.
- Once baking is complete, remove from the bread machine, and turn out onto a spread tea towel. Allow to cool for 20 or so minutes.
- Cool until room temperature before placing in storage bags.
Bake in oven:
- Add ingredients to bread maker as listed starting with the lesser amount of water - choose dough cycle.
- Remove dough from bread machine after dough cycle has completed, and turn out onto a floured surface.
- Punch down the bread and shape into logs sized for the bread pan. Transfer shaped logs into greased loaf pans, cover with a tea towel and place in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes.
- At the end of the rise, bake in the oven at 375f for 35-40 minutes, covering the bread loosely with tinfoil if the crust darkens too rapidly.
- Remove bread from oven and turn out onto a spread tea towel. Allow to cool for 20 or so minutes.
- Cool until room temperature before placing in storage bags.
This is a 2lb loaf recipe. It should work in most bread makers!
I throw everything in the bread machine all at one time, instead of adding the dried cranberries to the dispenser compartment – I find this gives a better dispersion of the fruit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
SaltWorks Mediterra Mediterranean Sea Salt, Coarse Grain
Classic Olive Oil
Light Brown Sugar
Ocean Spray Craisins Dried Cranberries Original (48 oz.)
McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Cardamom
Simply Organic Cinnamon Ground
Fleischmann's, Bread Machine Yeast (Pack of 2)
King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
Breville BBM800XL Custom Loaf Bread Maker
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 7g
Sunday 24th of July 2022
I followed the instructions, but it overflowed the bread machine pan. Any suggestions? The bread was amazing but I would like to keep it in the pan.
Monday 25th of July 2022
You may not have a 2lb bread machine?
Wednesday 1st of June 2022
Could I chop up fresh cranberries in this bread instead of craisins?
Tuesday 7th of June 2022
I don't see why not! If you try it, I'd love to hear how it turns out!
Friday 7th of January 2022
I had cranberry brie bread from a market stall it was delicious can I do that with this recipe
Saturday 8th of January 2022
That's a great question, the answer is a bit more complicated. You could definitely try to fold in some chunks of brie, I wouldn't bake it that way in the bread machine, but I'd be game for trying it baked in the oven. If you try it, definitely let me know!
Wednesday 17th of March 2021
This is by far and away my favorite bread I have made in my bread maker so far. Thanks for this! It's a keeper!
Friday 15th of January 2021
Hey i understand your thing with cardamom. I'm a flight attendant and whenever i fly to London there is a coffee shop called monocle that serve cardamon buns that are a twist on cinnamon buns. I'm addicted to them and considering i won't be seeing london anytime soon, maybe i should figure out my own version!
Tuesday 19th of January 2021
Cardamom buns sounds like it's right up my alley! YUM!