This healthy, sugar-free popcorn ball recipe is the best! It's made with two main ingredients, honey and popcorn, the third ingredient - the flavour is up to you! You'll definitely love this honey popcorn ball recipe.
I love treats. I love carbs. I loveeeee things that are sinfully delicious.
These 3 ingredient honey popcorn balls are no exception!!
I know I called them 3 ingredient popcorn balls, but technically the base recipe is 2 main ingredients, with customizable options. Who doesn't like customized treats?
This sugar free popcorn ball recipe is dedicated to handheld snacks.
Tips + Tricks
No. 1 --> Really stir in that honey, it takes a bit of work to get all mixed up, but it's important to get it mixed or else it won't stick together!
No. 2 --> Let the honey cool a bit if it's too sticky when you try to form it into balls.
No. 3 --> Use your imagination. There are TONS of flavor options out there, I've given a few but don't feel limited to what I made, I gotta hear what you came up with too, so please share!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Honey popcorn balls ingredients:
- Optional flavour boosters!
- cayenne powder
- fleur de sel
How to make healthy popcorn balls:
- Heat honey over medium-high heat, allowing it to simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour the cooked honey over air-popped popcorn and stir well - this takes some elbow grease, but you can do it!
- Once the honey is no longer super tacky, form the popcorn into balls.
- Place prepared balls on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet to cool.
- Sprinkle with desired flavour booster!
3 Ingredient Popcorn Balls
These 3 ingredient popcorn balls are sure to become a favourite. This healthy recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, and clean eating friendly
- 6 cups air popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup honey
- Fleur de Sel
- Place popped popcorn in large bowl and set aside. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat honey over medium high heat until it simmers. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle honey over popcorn and toss to coat completely. It's a little bit of work.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or your hands to form into balls - if it seems too sticky, let it cool a bit more. You'll have to mash them together a bit to get them to stick. Place formed balls on prepared baking sheet to cool completely.
- Sprinkle salt, cinnamon, or cayenne powder on the popcorn balls if desired! I melted 1/8 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips with a pinch of coconut oil and drizzled over top of my chocolate drizzle ones!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
PaperChef Parchment Paper for Baking: Multipurpose Nonstick Parchment Roll, Oven Safe, No Grease or Butter Needed, Ideal for Cooking and Roasting, Biodegradable, Kosher-Certified (205 sq ft roll)
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Mega Non-Stick Pan, 21 x 15-Inch Baking Pan
Simply Organic Cinnamon Ground
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 31Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Saturday 2nd of July 2022
Made these and the popcorn wouldn't form into balls, so I made spread them out on to a cookie sheet added peanuts put it in the freezer for about 5 min and drizzled melted lily's white chocolate chips over it and froze it again for 30 min.
Monday 4th of July 2022
Sorry to hear they wouldn't form properly. Though your work around sounds absolutely delish!