This easy, healthy Strawberry Iced Tea recipe is made with fresh sweet strawberries and maple syrup! Learn how to make Strawberry Iced Tea at home. The balsamic vinegar and peppercorns are optional!
A few weeks ago I was at the gas station and I saw a bottle of iced tea in the cooler, it caught my eye. Pure Leaf was the brand. I’m not a big juice drinker, and I hardly ever drink pop, but I’ve always had a soft spot for iced tea.
So I tried it. It was a little sweet for my liking, well, a lot sweet, I ended up diluting it 50% with water. But I still liked the flavour, a raspberry infused iced tea.
After I bought the 3rd bottle of it within a couple weeks, I thought to myself; now, self, you’re pretty enterprising in the kitchen, why haven’t you made this yet?
I didn’t have a good answer. So I set about making myself some.
It was incredibly easy, the recipe is totally versatile, and it uses simple syrup, which is like my favourite thing!
Try it, omit the balsamic and pepper if you must. ha 🙂
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
USE good produce and good tea! Quality ingredients make a quality strawberry iced tea.
DON’T be afraid of the simple syrup. You’re basically infusing flavour into water and sweetener, and then boiling off some of the liquid to make it concentrated. Simple Syrups are so versatile!
THINK about the balsamic. I know it sounds strange, but you never grow unless you try new things 🙂
If you love iced tea and Instant Pots, you should try my Instant Pot Iced Tea!
Let’s connect: Follow me on Pinterest <3
- 1 cup strawberries - I used frozen
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- glug of balsamic vinegar, approx 2 tablespoons (optional)
- fresh peppercorns (optional)
- 8 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- Add strawberries, 1/2 cup water, and maple syrup to a small pot. Bring to a simmer. Add balsamic vinegar and pepper if using.
- Simmer strawberry mixture until strawberries are release their juices and the mixture thickens slightly - remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, add 8 cups of water to another pot and heat until nearly simmering. Remove from heat and add tea bags - steep for 5-6 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, strain the strawberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve, reserving the liquid.
- Combine the steeped tea and the strawberry syrup.
- Transfer to a large storage container and transfer to fridge.
- Serve chilled, and preferably over ice!
If you're just wanting plain strawberry iced tea, you can always omit the balsamic and peppercorns. Recipes are only good if they work for you!
You could probably make this recipe in your Instant Pot if you've got one - check out my Instant Pot Iced Tea recipe
- 2 Glass Mason Drinking Jars with 2 Sip and Straw Lids
- Cuisinart - 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 38 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 12mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 0g