A couple weekends ago, after the sickness went through our house, and we spent almost all week at home, my kids were asking for treats.
I took this as a good sign. When the appetites come back, feeling better is sure to follow!
I never know what to make them, because I’m forever healthifying things, and sometimes they don’t like it. Or, I’m busy insisting to them that apples are really a suitable dessert. Ha.
This time, I decided on some healthy popcorn balls!
I made 16 balls with my recipe, and I made 4 of each flavour option. But don’t feel limited to what I made, I gotta hear what you came up with too, so please share!
- 6 cups air popped popcorn
- ¼ cup honey
- Fleur de Sel
- Place popped popcorn in large bowl and set aside. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat honey over medium high heat until it simmers. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle honey over popcorn and toss to coat completely. It's a little bit of work.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or your hands to form into balls - if it seems too sticky, let it cool a bit more. You'll have to mash them together a bit to get them to stick. Place formed balls on prepared baking sheet to cool completely.
- Sprinkle salt, cinnamon, or cayenne powder on the popcorn balls if desired! I melted ⅛ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips with a pinch of coconut oil and drizzled over top.