The kids and I stopped in to visit Kate a few days ago, and while I was checking out her awesome garden, I laid eyes on her rhubarb patch. OMGoodness. It was so big and full and beautiful, I ended up raiding it. And good.
So now I had this arm load of rhubarb and no idea what to do with it. I got busy!
Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Jam was first on the list! I've been seeing a lot of chia seed jam and I just had to try it with my rhubarb bounty!
Not only is this jam healthier than store bought or traditional, it takes mere minutes to make and packs a solid strawberry rhubarb flavour that's good enough to eat by the spoonful!
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries and syrup in saucepan - simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mash the fruit to desired consistency.
- Add chia seeds, stirring well to combine, and cook until thickened ~10 minutes.
- Transfer to clean, airtight jars and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.