As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Smoked bacon wrapped Oreos. Yes, you read that right. It sounds like culinary insanity but they are beyond delicious. Smoky + salty + sweet + chocolate = smoked Oreo deliciousness.
I'm not one to succumb to peer pressure, but sometimes the crowd is doing something that catches my attention.
This is one such time.
The first time I saw this recipe posted in one of many Traeger/smoker fan groups, I'll admit, I rolled my eyes and thought "you guys are like hippies, you'll smoke anything". Then the posts increased and increased and what was a tiny whisper became a roar.
I had to see what I was missing.
Let me tell you. I was missing a lot! You HAVE to try this recipe at least once, for posterity, and then subsequent times because it's that good.
This smoked bacon wrapped oreos recipe is dedicated to trying new things.
Tips + tricks
No. 1 --> Avoid wrapping your bacon too tightly, the first time I made these bad boys I wrapped too tight, and it kind of collapsed my cookies. They were just as delicious, but a little bit crumbly.
No. 2 --> Freeze your bacon a bit. Fridge or room temperature bacon cuts terribly. Semi frozen bacon is a bit harder to separate but cuts sooo much better.
No. 3 --> Speaking of bacon, I used store-bought bacon for this recipe instead of our home smoked bacon because I wanted suuuper thin bacon, and we generally slice ours on the thicker side.
No. 4 --> I whipped up a small batch of rub for this recipe that had some heat but skipped the garlic/onion/ savory flavors better suited to meat, and I'll include the information in the recipe card below, but if you don't want to make your own, feel free to use store bought.
- thin sliced bacon
How to make
- Place your bacon in the freezer until semi frozen, usually about half an hour is good. Peel off individual strips of bacon, and slice in half lengthwise.
- Gently wrap each Oreo cookie with a half strip of bacon, and place seam side down on a cookie sheet line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix up your rub, or grab a store bought rub.
- Sprinkle a small amount of rub on top of the bacon on each wrapped cookie.
- Allow the cookies to sit and "marinate" while your smoker preheats to 225f. This will help adhere the spices to the bacon.
- Smoke the cookies directly on the grill grates at 225f for 90 minutes.
- Remove the smoked Oreos from the smoker and allow to cool before diving in.
The only limitation on this recipe is your imagination.
Wanna try a maple cookie? I did it, they were fantastic! Wanna do a chocolate chip cookie? Giv'er! I'd just avoid anything with a chocolate coating - as it would melt and make a mess!
I think a small smear of peanut butter, or caramel, on the cookie before wrapping would be next level.
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple days. Just cool them completely then drop them into a container and pop in the fridge.
To reheat, toss them in the air fryer for a minute, and YUM!
Love smoked treats?
Me too! Check these out!
LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Use the stars in the recipe card below to rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
📖 Printable Recipe
Smoked bacon wrapped Oreos are the perfect mix of sweet, salty and smoky. This easy to make recipe will surprise you.
for the cookies:
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 6 strips thin cut bacon
For the rub:
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper, set aside.
- Peel off 6 strips of bacon, and slice each down the centre lengthwise.
- Gently wrap each Oreo cookie in a strip of bacon, avoid pulling too tight.
- Set Oreos on the prepared baking sheet.
- Combine all the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl then sprinkle some of the rub on the top of each bacon-wrapped oreo.
- Preheat the smoker to 225f. Allow the bacon-wrapped Oreos to sit while the smoker preheats.
- Place the Oreos directly on the grill grates on your smoker, and smoke at 225f for 90 minutes.
- Remove the Oreos from the smoker and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before eating.
These smoked bacon wrapped Oreos can be cooled completely before being placed in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for 2 -3 days. To reheat them, pop them into an air fryer for a couple of minutes until the desired temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.