If you don't like eat-it-by-the-spoonful it's so good almond butter, stop reading right here!
Seriously, this almond butter is that good. Kevin has caught me a couple of times standing with the fridge door wide open and a spoon in my hand eating this almond butter. Oh, and it's pretty much incredible.
I choose roasted almonds for this recipe because there is more depth of flavour in a roasted almond. I far prefer them to raw almonds. This recipe will work with raw almonds as well.
Ps. If you've got an Actifry like us, use that to roast your almonds! Throw them in the dish and turn it on for 12 minutes and walk away! Come back to perfectly roasted almonds 🙂
A smooth, creamy roasted almond butter recipe.
- 2 cups almonds, fresh roasted
- scrapings from 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Himylayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add almonds to a food processor and blend process for a while (like ~15 minutes). The almonds will go from meal to flour to a paste and finally start to release their oils and make butter.
- Once the almonds reach the butter consistency, add the remaining ingredients and process until your butter is smooth and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.