I came across a raw brownie recipe, and I was intrigued. I thought I’d try to make something like that for Kate because it didn’t contain any of the allergy offenders.
The result was better than I expected. Truly. These are a must try even if you aren’t catering to an allergy free diet.
If you don’t have quinoa flour, be sure to check out my quinoa flour tutorial!
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 8 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 - 4 tablespoons dairy free milk
- Coarse salt - Optional for garnish
- Prepare a small freezer safe container by lining with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients - except the dairy free milk, to a food processor and processed until well combined.
- Add dairy free milk 1 tbsp at a time until a dough has formed around the blade of the food processor. You don't want it too sticky or too dry, so be careful with the dairy free milk.
- Transfer from food processor to prepared dish and smooth surface.
- Using a sharp knife cut into bite sized squares.
- Place in freezer for storage.
- Remove from freezer a few minutes before enjoying!