I love oven roasted vegetables. They are so good and so easy. I love that roasted vegetables make a perfect side dish whenever I’m struggling with what to make for supper, that happens more often that I’d like to admit!
I feel like I’m always cooking and yet always struggling with what to cook. I spend what seems like hours every week standing in front of the refrigerator, staring at ingredients and wondering “so, what’s for supper, babe?” One of these days I’ll start meal planning again and my cooking life will be easier.
Until then, I’ll just keep flying by the seat of my pants and making this roasted cauliflower dish!
One night I was roasting up some cauliflower and thought, hey.. what about some onions in there? The result was better than I expected!
I have been eating a lot of cauliflower since I made the transition to healthier eating. I quite like it, and it’s a really easy vegetable to enjoy because it’s so versatile.
This recipe takes a little bit of cook time, but the hands on time is minimal- another admirable quality in a side dish. Kevin isn’t one for cauliflower at all, and he really enjoys this dish whenever I make it, the kids also enjoy it which is a bonus! Usually they prefer raw cauliflower. Between the four of us, we can demolish an entire batch in one supper.
This recipe is actually great with cauliflower, broccoli and a mix of both! We love onions, so I always make extra onions.
Pin this recipe for later!
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed and florets seperated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 475f.
- Toss cauliflower in melted coconut oil, and spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the cauliflower and place in the oven.
- Meanwhile, combine onions, oil and vinegar in a medium sized frying pan and cook over medium -low heat until the onions are caramelized and fragrant, stirring often.
- Bake the cauliflower until crisp and cooked, tossing 2-3 times during cooking.
- Combine cauliflower with the caramelized onions and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104 Saturated Fat: 4g Sodium: 8mg Carbohydrates: 5g Sugar: 2g