The other day I was rifling through the fridge. Even though I had just eaten. Which really seems to be the norm. And I found a bag of Brussels sprouts that I had bought the other day and forgot about. Which also seems to be the norm. It was 10 am. And I was cooking sprouts, man.
If you had asked me 6 or 8 months ago what I thought of Brussels sprouts, I’d have laughed. I had never eaten them, that I remember, and I’m fairly certain my mom didn’t cook them because Kate and I would have whined that they looked like little brains. Ew.
If you asked me today what I think of them, I’d probably chatter on for a few minutes about my favourite ways to cook and eat them. They are so damn good. Pardon the French there, but they just are! Also, they are a really tasty, easy and healthful side dish. That probably helps their rankings. I’m all about the tasty, healthy and easy.
Easy Roasted Sprouts
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350f.
- Toss sprouts in olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer, face down, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 350f for 30 minutes. Broil at 450f for 5 more minutes.