As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Try this perfect Keto Instant Pot Chili recipe! It's quick and easy, and perfect for meal planning. Made with cubed beef, cubed pork, and Rotel tomatoes, this one is a low carb winner!
It's Wednesday night, you just walked in the door after an 8-hour workday and an hour of indoor soccer. It's 6:30pm.
The dog needs to be fed, the kids need to be fed. Hell, you need to be fed.
You open the fridge, and wonder who you thought you were when you bought all that produce, cause clearly, it's not gonna get used tonight.
Damn, your inspiration has left, along with your desire to cook. But everyone still needs to eat.
Then you see it, a container of chili you made Sunday night. Hallelujah. Dinner is saved!
This recipe is dedicated to Sunday batch cooking saving your bacon later in the week.
Keto Chili Tips & Tricks
DON'T skip the browning step. It seems like a time suck but your palate will thank you for adding the depth of flavour.
MAKE ahead? Totally. There's no sense in making a huge pot of chili if you can't use it later in the week, or next month!
Keto Chili Ingredients
Let's get this out of the way before you make it all the way to the recipe card! You'll need these items, or something close to these items!
- beef rib roast
- pork loin roast
- garlic (duh)
- jalapeno pepper (s)
- stewed tomatoes
- tomato paste
- Rotel tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- The Instant Pot - for sure. I use a 6Qt Instant Pot, but if you want to double it, you'll need an 8QT Instant Pot. This recipe relies on the pressure cooker's magic powers for perfectly tender meat since we are not using ground beef!
- A boning knife - I learned from my husband that a sharp boning knife is small enough to handle and perfect for precise cuts in raw meat.
How To Make Keto Instant Pot Chili
- Cube all the meat. Get this done first, then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. And set aside while you prep the rest of the veggies.
- Dice the onion and the jalapeno. Mince the garlic.
- Preheat your Instant Pot on the sear setting. Add some lard to the inside of your pot.
- Once the Instant Pot reaches temp, sear the cubed meat in batches on all sides, until browned, but not cooked through. Removed browned meat to a bowl for now.
- Add the onions, jalapeno, and garlic and cook down until onions are translucent. This will deglaze the pot.
- Add tomato paste, and spices, cook down for about a minute.
- Add browned meat, Rotel tomatoes, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Close, seal, and cook under high pressure for 25 minutes with natural pressure release.
- Ladle into bowls, and top with desired toppings.
What Are The Best Chili Toppings?
This is so personal, but here's a list of my favourites!
- Melted cheese, OR melted smoked cheese
- Sliced green onions
- Sour Cream
- Diced Avocado
- Pickled Jalapenos
Is This Instant Pot Chili Make Ahead Friendly?
Heck to the yes. Meals that are meal prep ready are the best!
Chili is better on the second day. And will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
As an added bonus, chili is one of those magical foods that freezes and thaws so well, you'll be able to stick it in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months.
I linked the prep containers I use in the recipe card below! They are great for stacking, and I know that a 500ml portion will feed me and two kids, while a 1000ml portion will feed all of us if Kevy is home.
Other Keto Recipes You May Like:
Are we friends on Pinterest?
Low-Carb Keto Instant Pot Chili recipe is the BEST! It's simple, and easy, and thanks to the Instapot it's fast! This Paleo and Whole 30 spicy chili is made with cubed beef and pork, and Rotel tomatoes.
- 1-2 lbs beef roast
- 1-2 lbs pork roast
- salt and pepper
- 2-4 tbsp lard (or olive oil)
- 2 onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno, or more if you like it spicier!
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 5 oz tomato paste
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, original (10 oz )
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup water
- Trim off the surface fat, and cube the meat into approximately 3/8" pieces. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Dice the onion, garlic and jalapeno.
- Meanwhile, heat your Instant Pot on sear with the lard (or oil). Add the meat to the Instant Pot in batches, browning all sides, and removing to a plate when done.
- After the meat has been completely browned and removed from the Instant Pot, add the onion, garlic and jalapeno to your Instant Pot, and using the saute setting, sautee until the onions start to become translucent.
- At this point, add the seasonings and tomato paste and sautee for around a minute or until really fragrant and the tomato paste darkens.
- Add the browned meat back to the Instant Pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water. Stir until all is really well combined.
- Close and seal the lid. Set to high pressure for 25 minutes with a natural pressure release.
- Once the steam has completely dissipated, car3efully open the lid and stir the chili well before serving with chosen toppings.
Make Ahead Directions:
This chili is perfect for meal planning - simply follow all the directions and stop short of serving. Allow it to cool before placing in your chosen freezer-friendly containers, and placing them in the freezer. It will keep up to 6 months in the freezer.
Ladle some of this hot chili into a bowl and top with:
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Cubed Avocadoes
- Sliced green onions
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 371mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 32g