The time of year my fingers get cold and stay cold for the next 6 months. The time of year that the sweaters come out of big boxes in the basement. When scarves, mitts, and toques get lost with regularity.
It’s also the time of year I get to break out my favourite warming spices. Cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, they all hit my regular rotation and work their way into most of my dishes.
This granola isn’t any different. It’s amazing by itself, but it’s even better sprinkled on a bowl of vanilla greek yogurt!
Hot Date Granola is a large cluster, flavour filled, fall breakfast, snack, and even treat. I’m sure you’ll love it as much as we all do!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cups chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 300f and prepare a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil and honey in a small pot over the low heat until melted and combined.
- Stir the coconut oil and honey into the oat mixture, tossing well to ensure all is coated.
- Spread evenly onto baking sheet and bake at 300f for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly before breaking into chunks.
- Store at room temp in airtight container for up to 5 days.