The time of year my fingers get cold and stay cold for the next 6 months. The time of year that the sweaters come out of big boxes in the basement. When scarves, mitts, and toques get lost with regularity.
It’s also the time of year I get to break out my favourite warming spices. Cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, they all hit my regular rotation and work their way into most of my dishes.
This granola isn’t any different. It’s amazing by itself, but it’s even better sprinkled on a bowl of vanilla greek yogurt!
Hot Date Granola is a large cluster, flavour filled, fall breakfast, snack, and even treat. I’m sure you’ll love it as much as we all do!
Hot Date Granola with Ginger, Pistachio, and Kamut
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup puffed kamut
- 1/2 cups chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey/maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300f. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine oats, kamut, pistachios and dates in a large bowl.
- In a small microwavable bowl, add cinnamon, ginger, coconut oil, and honey. Heat for 20-25 seconds, until softened enough to stir. Stir well to combine.
- Pour honey mixture over oats mixture and stir well to coat.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet in a uniform layer.
- Bake at 300f for 25-30 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven, slide parchment off the baking sheet onto a rack to cool.
- Once cool, break up granola into desired size pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.