Winter has arrived in our little corner of Alberta. And it’s brought with it a super busy season for me at work. I haven’t been able to keep up with much, let alone my poor blog! Between the children, working, hockey season, spending time with the family and every day life, I’ve been a very busy, busy girl.
I haven’t stopped cooking, though! I actually made this coconut milk the other day and it was soooo good, I had to share it. I usually am not one for coconut milk, but because I know there’s nothing nefarious in this milk, it tastes just a little better!
Filtered water, coconut, dates. That’s it! I added the dates to give it a slight caramel flavour, but you could very easily omit the dates to make this a 21 dsd compliant recipe!
This milk has a natural sweetness to it, which immediately got me thinking about a latte. So of course, before the dust even settled on the coconut milk recipe, I was whipping up a delicious latte. Oh wow. So much delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- Soak coconut and dates in hot water for 5-10 minutes. I soaked mine right in the container for my Vitamix.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Strain with a nut milk bag.
- Store in the fridge for 3-4 days - if it lasts that long!