Full disclosure: these carrots aren’t really drunk. I mean, they are plants, for starters, also, I used cooking sherry. I wasn’t wasting good, drinkable wine. Ha.
Kevin’s mom makes an unreal mushroom soup. Like it’s knock your socks off good. There’s a few secret ingredients in it, but the one she swears by is the sherry. When I asked for the recipe she told me the trick: keep adding sherry till it tastes good. No shit, eh? Sherry in mushroom soup!
So needless to say, I had to make some of Grandma Dawn’s Mushroom soup for my Handsome Bob (Zenen), he is a big fan of mushroom soup. No shit, eh? Kid who won’t eat mushrooms unless they are in a cream soup! He also loved it. But now I had a bottle of cooking sherry just looking at me.
I’ve been creatively trying to use the sherry and I haven’t been disappointed yet. These carrots, are by far my favourite.
Drunken Roasted Carrots
- 2 bunches fresh carrots - greens trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375f.
- Combine oil, sherry, garlic, salt, and pepper in a baking dish.
- Toss the carrots in the sauce right in the dish.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer in baking dish, and cover tightly with tin foil.
- Bake at 375f for 35 minutes, or until just tender.
- Remove foil and bake at 400f for another 5-10 minutes until the sauce caramelizes and the carrots crisp up a bit.