This quick, easy and free crochet pattern is made with Bernat Baby Blanket yarn. It works up to produce a beautiful, thick baby blanket that will be sure to be cherished.
When I had both my babies I was given beautiful handmade gifts for them. I’ve always treasured these homemade items and have stored many of them away now that they no longer fit.
Zenen sleeps with a thick and warm handmade blanket that my Memere made for him every.single.night. Aedyn has several blankets from when she was an infant that Memere made for her – while they may no longer cover her entire body, she still uses them to snuggle on the couch or wrap her babies in.
A friend of mine recently had a baby boy and I wanted to give them something that they’d hopefully treasure in the same way and my crochet baby blanket did not disappoint!
This isn’t an extremely intricate pattern, in fact, it’s downright simple and uses exactly one stitch. The entire blanket is constructed using a single crochet stitch. Regardless, this free crochet baby blanket pattern turned out exquisitely.
Because this is an extremely easy crochet baby blanket pattern, you can set it down and pick it up and never worry where you left off. It’s perfect for moms. With short attention spans. And no free time. Ha
Using Bernat Baby Blanket yarn and a large crochet hook allows for it to work up quickly, and the single crochet stitch makes for an easy make. Hopefully, you’ll consider this handmade baby blanket idea next time you need one!
I hope you enjoy this free crochet baby blanket pattern as much I enjoyed making and giving it!
I truly believe the art of handcraft is losing ground, and I love to give handmade gifts that show how much I love and appreciate the receiver. This DIY baby blanket was just so beautiful, I think I accomplished my mission.
If you love yarn and fibre art – check these out!
DIY OMBRE DYED YARN
DIY OMBRE POPOM TOQUE
NOTE *I always switch colours after I yarn over and pull through. This leaves me with 2 loops of colour 1 on my hook, I then yarn over with colour 2. Easy peasy switching colours.
Are we friends on Pinterest?
A simple, beautiful and free crochet blanket pattern using Bernat Baby Blanket or other super bulky yarn. It's sure to be a treasured gift
- Chain 66 with Little Cosmos.
- Row 1: Single crochet in the second chain from hook. Single crochet in every chain (65), chain 1, turn
- Row 2-21: Single crochet in each stitch (65). Chain 1, turn.
- Row 22: Single crochet in each stitch(65). Switch* to Vanilla, chain 1, turn
- Row 23-33: Single crochet in each stitch (65). Chain 1, turn.
- Row 34: Single crochet in each stitch(65). Switch* to Little Cosmos, chain 1, turn
- Row 35-55: Single crochet in each stitch (65). Chain 1, turn.
- Row 56: Single crochet in each stitch(65). Switch* to Vanilla, chain 1, turn.
- Border: Single crochet in each stitch all the way around, 3 single crochet in each corner.
- Tie off and weave in ends.
I always switch colours after I yarn over and pull through. This leaves me with 2 loops of colour 1 on my hook, I then yarn over with colour 2. Easy peasy switching colours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.