One of my favourite recipes ever is curried chicken salad mini pitas. It’s my old stand by – if I’m bringing an appetizer anywhere, it’s always curried chicken salad.It’s my go to because it’s quick, it’s easy, and because people rave about how amazing it is. What can I say, compliments are a fine accompaniment to great food.
This is a little twist on my old favourite. I’ve veganized it and gluten-freed it, but OHMGEE, it’s still unreal delicious!
This curry chickpea salad is great in between 2 slices of bread, stuffed in a fresh pita, wrapped in some soft butter lettuce, or even directly from the bowl- I ain’t judgin’!
I dare you to make it and NOT eat this amazing sandwich stuffer directly from the bowl.
Oh, by the way, those cute little sprouts, I grew them! These are like the first indoor plants that haven’t gone suicidal on my watch. Truly, I cannot keep plants alive within these walls. I just suck at it!
But these sprouts, well they are easy, and cute, and tasty, but best of all, they are healthy!
Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 15 oz can
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 an apple chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise I used Vegan.
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas, red pepper, celery, onions, apple, and raisins in a medium bowl. Mash slightly to split some of the chickpeas - it encourages better adhesion of the final product.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, lemon juice, and spices, before pouring over the chickpea mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Serve as desired!
PSST! This recipe stays amazingly yummy in the fridge, too, so if you have leftovers, don't despair, they will be perfect in your lunch tomorrow!