We’re kind of at a weird stage in the summer. The days are hot, the mornings are cold and the evenings are cool.
It’s the time of year that you can’t find any sweaters in the house because they’ve all been worn to the car in the morning and discarded by 10 am. And your car looks like a sweater graveyard. And you’re forced to run to the car in the morning to hastily slap on a sweater in the single digit temperature. Oh, just me?
Well then, since you have your shit together, you should make this soup, it’s perfect for this time of year.
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 can diced stewed tomatoes
- 1 potato peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable/ chicken broth
- 2 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Saute onion, celery, carrot, and garlic in olive oil until tender ~10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until all veggies are tender ~ 20 minutes.
- Carefully blend all ingredients with an immersion blender or a high speed blender with a vented lid like the Vitamix.