I don’t know about you, but for me, one of the hardest things to give up when I decided to reduce my dairy intake was ice cream. Kevin and I adore ice cream. I cannot count how many nights (and pints) were spent cuddled in bed watching TV and eating ice cream. We are ice cream people. That’s just how it is.
I have made it no secret that I love coffee. What better way to add more coffee to my diet than to add it to ice cream! It might be a bit of an obsession, but hey, at least it’s only coffee!
If you've never made ice cream before, don't worry, this is the easiest ice cream recipe I've ever made. No heating, no tempering eggs, no chilling the base, no starting on one day and finishing on the next. Literally. You whisk, churn and enjoy.
If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can always put the ice cream into a shallow dish, place in the freezer and whisk it every 45 minutes to an hour until it's frozen. This will help to incorporate air into the ice cream and reduce the chance that it's a rock hard blob.
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch/ corn starch
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Whisk the coconut milk, maple syrup, coffee, vanilla extract, and starch until completely smooth.
- If using ice cream maker; add to ice cream bowl and process following manufacturer's directions. I used my Kitchen Aid ice cream bowl, on the stir setting until the ice cream starts to set up - then I added the cacao nibs.
- If you're not using an ice cream maker, simply add the ice cream base to a freezer friendly container and pop in the freezer. Whisk the ice cream every 45 - 60 minutes until it starts to set up, once the ice cream thickens, stir in the cacao and return to the freezer until frozen!
- Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g