Isn’t that what we all want, to unapologetically kick ass? My goal for 2017 is to do exactly that.
Sometimes I feel like life is just dragging me by passing without me affecting it, or effecting change, but this year- my 28th on the planet- is going to be for me. I’m going to look back on December 31st, 2017 and just smile. It’s naive to think that my entire year will be rainbows and unicorn farts, I know it won’t be – in fact, I’ll be adding some challenges to my year just to keep things interesting!
I hope that you’ll join me, in my quest for world dominance, or self growth – whatever.
- I plan on growing more than just weeds. For the first time in my life, me and my brown thumb are going to plant a garden. Not just a little garden. But a freaking whopper. I’m talking supply enough food to feed my family and donate to the food bank. I plan on growing and preserving every thing I possibly can. I plan on working on a tan and drinking too much Twisted Tea (this is not a sponsored endorsement – yet. Hit me up, Twisted Tea!) while I spend hours outside. I plan on teaching my kids a little something about (hopefully) growing things.
- I plan on making the most of my shortened work hours! I’d like to spend more time growing my blog and trying things that I’ve never tried before. I absolutely LOVE blogging, I find it completely relaxing and great for my mental health to focus on something I do only for me and the 5 people who visit cravethegood every year. Ha!
- I plan on furthering my education this year. Last year, I completed the entry level course for Natural Nutritionist and loved every nerdy minute of it. This year, I’d like to pursue the remainder of the course. Even if it costs me a fortune – maybe the grocery savings from the garden will offset the cost of my course!
- I plan on unabashedly loving myself. I am generally a pretty staunch advocate of my awesomeness, but sometimes I lose my voice. This year, I will stick up for myself, always, and without fail. Even if the person who I need to stick up to is myself.
- I plan on continuing to try and better my health and the health of my family! I do a lot of things right, but there are definitely places that I can improve. If we have health and each other, we have everything.
- I plan on being more zen and finding more constructive ways of dealing with my anxiety. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad, in 2017 I’d like the good to vastly outnumber the bad.
- I plan on focussing on gratitude. Here’s a nice little photo floating around that talks about being thankful to others instead of apologizing. I truly love that and I will make every effort to live that this year!!
- I plan on indulging in even more things that I love. This one is purely selfish, but whatever, being kick ass means doing things you love. I plan on enjoying tons of awesome concerts with Kevin this year – We’ve already secured tickets to Billy Talent, Red Hot Chili Peppers and GunsN’Roses. I plan on camping more with my kids – I grew up in campgrounds in the summer, and my two need suntans and dirty feet for at least 2 months. I plan on watching more hockey with my kids – they like hockey, but I want them to breathe it like Kevin and I do. I plan on drinking more red wine – one of my biggest weaknesses in life is a nice glass of dry red, I’m going to indulge more this year, especially since I read a glass of wine is as good for you as hitting the gym. I plan on spending more time with my dog – I love my Stella, and I plan on spending more time exploring with her and continuing to change people’s perspective on American Pit Bull Terriers.
- I plan on bettering people lives. I don’t care if it’s simply by continuing to strive to be a better person, or by small and random acts of kindness. I plan on inspiring people to be healthier and care for themselves either through my blog, recipes, DIYs, using alternative health options like Young Living Essential oils or via Vasayo.
- I plan on kicking ass with Vasayo and creating a secondary income stream. Kevin talked to me in passing about an opportunity to join a really new (they are in the prelaunch stage as of today) health and wellness company. I don’t think he quite expected me to throw myself into researching it. He underestimated the depths of my nerdiness. I relished reading and learning about the products from Vasayo and what sets them apart from their competitors. As someone with long standing health issues that have never been resolved through multiple doctor visits or tradition methods, this radical new idea appealed to me.
There you have it. My 2017 outline. My kick ass plan, or my plan to kick ass, either way, 2017 is sure to be great!
I’d love to hear from you! In what ways are you going to kick ass in 2017?