This might not be the most complicated recipe to ever grace the blog, but it’s so good. It needs to be shared. I would feel badly if I didn’t share it. Everyone needs some of this easy, healthy, homemade Nutella granola in their lives.
Granola is a really easy to make, and easy to enjoy. Since making this batch, I’ve made a few others with different flavours and I’m really liking having a quick snack available when I’m looking for it!
I made this one for Kevin specifically, because he loves Nutella, and I love when he eats healthy homemade foods. It didn’t last long. He was eating it plain, with milk, and sharing with the kids.
That reminds me, I need to make more!
Things to know about this recipe:
You’re going to ask me: “do I really need all that coconut oil and honey?”
YES. You need it! Trust me. The coconut oil and honey are what helps to toast your oats to a nutty brown colour, and make the granola clusters. The wise ones know that the granola clusters are where it’s at!
Is it really necessary to call this Nutella? No, but it is hazelnuts and chocolate *shrugs*
Granola is not difficult to make, this recipe is no exception. You’ll be enjoying this recipe in no time!
If you make this and love it, I’d love for you to share a photo on instagram with a #cravethegood hashtag, or share a photo or comment on this Pinterest Pin!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 - 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup dates, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey, melted (can use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/3 cup carob or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300f and prep a baking sheet by covering with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, coconut, hazelnuts, and dates.
- Add in both the melted coconut oil and honey. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and spread in a thin, but even layer.
- Bake at 300f for 25-30 minutes, until the oats are nicely golden brown and the whole pan is fragrant.
- Slide the parchment paper off the baking sheet and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, until warm but not hot. Sprinkle carob or chocolate chips over the granola.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking up and storing in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.
- Sweetened Carob Chips
- Non-Stick Mega Large Cookie Pan / Baking Sheet
- Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil,
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1/2 c
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 250 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 8mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 17g Protein: 4g