This might not be the most complicated recipe to ever grace my blog, but it’s so good. It needs to be shared. I would feel badly if I didn’t share it. Everyone needs some of this granola in their lives.
Granola is a really easy to make, and easy to enjoy. Since making this batch, I’ve made a few others with different flavours and I’m really liking having a quick snack available when I’m looking for it!
I made this one for Kevin specifically, because he loves Nutella, and I like when he eats healthy foods. It didn’t last long. He was eating it plain, with milk, and sharing with the kids.
That reminds me, I need to make more!
You’ll read this recipe, and you’ll think “do I really need all that coconut oil and honey? Can’t I do without so much?!”
YES. YOU NEED IT. Trust me. The coconut oil and honey are what helps to toast your oats to a nutty brown colour, and make the clumps of granola. The clumps of granola are where it’s at!
- Preheat oven to 300f and prep a baking sheet by covering with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, coconut, hazelnuts, and dates.
- Add in both the melted coconut oil and honey. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and spread in a thin, but even layer.
- Bake at 300f for 25-30 minutes, until the oats are nicely golden brown and the whole pan is fragrant.
- Slide the parchment paper off the baking sheet and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, until warm but not hot. Sprinkle carob or chocolate chips over the granola.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking up and storing in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.