I was born with a sweet tooth. It’s a real affliction. My mind says 6-pack and my body says 6-pack of cupcakes. I have a weird sweet tooth though – I don’t actually like things too sweet. I like some sweetness but not an overload. My Starbucks orders are always half sweet, I don’t have sugar in my coffee, I like dry red wine, I prefer unsugared, unglazed cake doughnuts to yeast style doughnuts. Like I said, it’s a weird sweet tooth.
Regardless of what the treat is, I always have room, especially if I’ve made it and I know it’s not too sweet, more like just right for my tastebuds 🙂
I eased some of the guilt associated with excessive dessert eating with this little treat. I decided to top if with a granola style topping vs a traditional crumble topping. I mean, realistically, it’s the same thing, but in my mind it was the lesser of two evils.
Granola Topped Cardamom Peach Crisp
- Preheat oven to 375f. Prep a baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat.
- Combine filling ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine topping ingredients in another bowl and set aside.
- Spoon filling into individual ramekins or mason jars (I used 250ml size), spoon topping onto filling.
- Place individual servings onto baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until topping is crispy and fragrant.