Do you even Pho, bro?
Seriously. I’ve been hearing so much about Pho lately, but in our small town, we don’t have a whole lot of restaurant options, so I’ve not been able to sample it. At some point, I knew I just needed to make it. Wing it!
So I winged it all right. And it was unbelievably awesome.
This gluten free soup is hearty and filled with good for you foods! It can be made vegetarian or vegan, if desired.
- 8 cups water
- 2 gluten free vegetable or chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 stalks lemongrass chopped
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 inch knob of ginger diced
- 1 package rice stick noodles
- 2 cooked and sliced chicken breast optional
- sliced cabbage
- bean sprouts
- baby bok choy
Heat water, bouillon cubes, lemongrass, green onions, mushrooms, Chinese 5 spice and ginger in a large pot until boiling and fragrant. Add chicken if desired and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cook rice noodles according to package, and add to soup.
Serve broth and add desired toppings.